#10 “Bugeaters & Powder Makers”
On this edition of the Ento Nation podcast, we talk with Julianne Kopf, COO and co-Founder of Bugeater Foods. Bugeater Foods creates nutritious and delicious foods like “Jump” cricket based protein shake, and Julianne will let us in on some of the new goodies that Bugeater Foods will be turning out this coming year.
We also have a chat with Dr. Aaron T. Dossey, Founder of All Things Bugs LLC, GrioPro Cricket Powder (the original cricket powder), and editor of the book “Insects as Sustainable Food Ingredients”; you won’t want to miss this informative conversation.
In the Cricketlicious Café, ChefPV teaches us how to make Mealworm Mac n Cheese Souffles, and on The Night Talker, it’s “Night of the Frogs”…
Mealworm Mac n Cheese Souffle
1 ½ TBSP BUTTER
1 TBSP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
¾ cup MILK
SALT (to taste)
PEPPER (to taste)
1 cup SMOKED GOUDA CHEESE (shredded)
1 EGG YOLK 2 EGG WHITES
1 cup Bugeater Foods MEALWORM MACARONI PASTA (cooked)
¼ cup MEALWORMS (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan melt the BUTTER, add the FLOUR and stir on medium heat for a minute.
- Add the MILK gradually while stirring to avoid lumps.
- Season to taste with SALT and PEPPER and stir the sauce until sauce thickens.
- Remove saucepan from heat and mix in the CHEESE until melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the EGG YOLK and mix into cheese sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the EGG WHITES until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold the cheese sauce into the egg whites until well combined.
- Butter the ramekins then fill a little more than a third of the way with MEALWORM MACARONI PASTA.
- Fill the ramekins to almost full with cheese sauce then top with MEALWORMS.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake souffles on the middle rack for 15 – 20 minutes until the surface becomes golden.
- Serve immediately
We’d like to thank our sponsors:
Dr. Aaron T. Dossey, editor of “Insects as Sustainable Food Ingredients”:
GrioPro Cricket Powder: http://cricketpowder.com/
All Things Bugs: http://allthingsbugs.com/
Sustainable Boost: https://www.sustainableboost.com/
Bugeater Foods: https://www.bugeaterfoods.com/
Special thanks to MealFlour for Instagram help!